|Job Title||Remote Paramedic*|
|Location||Nationwide, USA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette, LA|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
To provide appropriate, efficient, and timely pre-hospital Advanced, Intermediate and Basic Life Support care to the sick and injured, offshore and in the industrial environment in accordance with local, state, national, international and SMS standards of practice. This position also provides projects with highly professional service in the areas of radio communications, safety education, health and safety compliance, purchasing, clerical records keeping and reporting, and other responsibilities that may be necessary on an offshore or industrial project.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, skills or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a general description of the essential duties and requirements common to positions of this type and may be subject to change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must meet and fulfill the medical qualifications, requirements, functions and responsibilities of the Emergency Medical Technician - Basic and Emergency Medical Technician - Intermediate job descriptions.
- Documents all aspects of patient condition and treatment on EMS run reports. Obtains and records non-medical patient information as required by the company. Completes other patient documentation and forms as required by the company.
- Conducts regular equipment inventory and testing to insure all equipment for which the paramedic is responsible is present, clean and in proper working order.
- Documents and reports all needed repairs to the proper maintenance departments (electronic or mechanical) as well as to supervisors and other project personnel as required.
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness / injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Provides prompt and efficient basic, intermediate or advanced life support care of the patient prior to and during transport to the medical facility.
- Provides safe and efficient transport of the patient in the ambulance, helicopter or boat to the medical facility.
- Provides a safe and efficient transfer of patient and patient care information to the receiving personnel at the destination.
- Upon completion of transport, responsible for the assigned duties which will place the sick bay and equipment back in service.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for the use of basic extrication tools and procedures to gain access to the patient when necessary.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for controlling the patient's surroundings is such a way as to minimize further danger and control the actions of bystanders.
- Follows all FCC regulations when communicating via electronic communications equipment.
- Administers basic, intermediate and advanced patient care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols.
- Attends all mandatory company meetings as scheduled.
- Completes assigned workstation duties as required by the position.
- Orders supplies and equipment from Central Supply to replenish sick bay inventories as needed.
- Assist and/or perform Safety Inspections.
- Facilitate and/or attend Safety Meetings.
- Assist and/or Instruct during client specific training.
- Conduct orientation of new employees and visitors.
- Assist with USCG & MMS Inspections.
- Conducts record keeping, filing, data entry as required by the project.
- Prepare different types of reports as required by the project or requested by the project supervisor.
- Answer phones and radios.
- Prepare manifest for boats and helicopters.
- Participate and/or conduct Hold Fire, Abandon, and Man Down drills.
- Coordinate materials and personnel.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
Acadian's Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.Click here to review the complete job description