|Location||Lafayette, LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette, LA|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
|Reports to||Casey Touchette|
Safety Management Systems one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery and Petrochemical markets is currently accepting applications for a Recruiter. This position will be based in either Lafayette, LA or Houston, TX.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and screening candidates for openings
- Communicating job offers and rejections to candidates
- Attending job fairs, trade shows and conferences to source leads
- Coordinating various recruitment activities, including the development of the annual recruiting calendar, selection of promotional materials and development of incentive programs, mailings, etc.
- Maintaining data for federal and state compliance activities
- Generating a variety of reports
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ recruiting experience required; experience recruiting for the oil and gas industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Written skills include the ability to write memos, letters, advertisements, and other correspondence. Verbal skills include the ability to speak to large groups of people making presentations, excellent telephone skills, and good interpersonal skills for in-depth face-to-face interviewing.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize openings.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Willingness to work extra time as required by the demands of the job.
- Ability to read, understand and apply concepts relating to employment law, screening techniques and personnel recruitment techniques.
- Willingness to attend seminars or classes relating to the development of professional human resource knowledge and skills.
Safety Management Systems offers competitive pay and benefits, including employee ownership and health benefits. Visit www.safetyms.com to learn more and submit an online application. EOE/AA
Acadian's Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.Click here to review the complete job description