|Job Title||Safety Specialist - Trinidad*|
|Location||Nationwide,USA*||*Position is based out of Trinidad|
Safety Management Systems is a world leader in HSE services providing HSE solutions to many companies in the petrochemicals and energy related industries. We provide companies in the oil & gas industry with safety management and consulting services to promote and maintain an ethical workplace atmosphere that equally values health, safety, and environmental responsibility.
These roles will be on a contract basis.
Position Available: Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Teacher/Coach Advisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise Wells team for drilling and completion projects off-shore on HSE policies and procedures to effectively help in creating a Goal Zero and incident free culture
- Provide Regulatory advice and consultation to client
- Liaise with contractors and where required industry associations
- Coordinate with Contracts, QAQC, Operations, Logistics and Engineering teams to ensure interfaces are managed successfully.
- Develop Operational Excellence Management System for incident free operations.
- Assist with implementation of the development of Emergency Response Plans (onshore/offshore) including spill response exercises, cap and containment, SAR,
- Coordinate, lead or participate in the following:
- Health, Environment & Safety Management Plans (on-shore/offshore)
- Integrated Hazard Assessments (I-HazID), and ensure follow up on action items
- Oil Spill Response Plans (offshore)
- Waste / Environmental Protection Plans (onshore/offshore)
- Development of HSE contingency plans, risk assessments as they apply to drilling
- Incident Investigations, Integrated Hazard Assessments as required by
- Safety and Environmental Incident Investigation (Root Cause Analysis)
- Conduct contractor audits (pre and post contract award)
- Health, Environment & Safety Reporting (Corporate / Regulatory)
- Mentor contract personnel for offshore and onshore positions, both operational and office based in various HSE subjects
- Associated industry certifications, IADC Rig Pass, First Aid/CPR, OSHA 10 hour, LOTO, Confined Space, Hazcom,
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Drilling/Completions Safety role within the upstream oil and gas
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HSE/ Regulatory role within the upstream oil and gas
- Must be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements and experienced in HSE Management
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office
All Candidates must have a minimum of 5 of years’ experience working in position.
Acadian's Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.