|Job Title||EMT - Basic*|
|Location||All Locations,LA*||*Position is based out of All Locations,LA|
JOB SUMMARY: Provide appropriate, efficient and timely pre-hospital basic life support care and transportation of the sick and injured in accordance with local, state, national and SMS standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Except as specifically noted, the following functions are considered essential to this position.
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness/injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols prior to and during transport.
- Documents all aspects of patient condition and treatment
- Completes other patient documentation and forms as required.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for the use of basic extrication tools and procedures to gain access to the patient if necessary.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for controlling the patient’s surroundings in such a way as to minimize further danger and control the actions of bystanders.
- Attends all mandatory meetings as scheduled.
- Completes all required company reports and logs and when necessary provides other ambulance and supervisory personnel with the information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
These duties, responsibilities, requirements, and conditions are not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions.
Specific situations that lead to environment conditions can include: hazardous materials calls, electrical emergencies, vehicular accidents, outdoor emergency settings, hurricanes, tornadoes, industrial accidents, conditions affecting driving, settings where heavy equipment such as extrication tools are in use, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- National and/or State certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic determined by appropriate state requirements preferred.
- Current CPR certification as established by the American Heart Association.
- Current and valid state-issued driver’s license determined by appropriate state requirements.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate professionally and effectively with employees and managers. Must possess the ability to write simple correspondence or reports. Must possess the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees and/or managers.
- Must be knowledgeable of company protocols, operational procedures and safety policies.
- Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms.
- Achieve accomplishment of all task details, no matter how small.
- Maintain good personal motivation; develop a sense of ownership of job tasks and results.
- Must have a sense of urgency for all work performed.
- Must maintain professionalism and respect with patients, co-workers, emergency service providers, healthcare workers and the general public.
Acadian's Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.