|Job Title||Director of Finance*|
|Location||Lafayette,LA*||*Position is based out of Lafayette,LA|
|Department||Corporate / Administrative & Support|
The position will report to the President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the division. He / She will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the division. This will include direct responsibility for financial accounting, customer billing and collections, budgeting, strategic planning, business opportunity analysis and negotiations.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Accounting and Billing functions of the division
- Develop and implement mechanisms and controls to ensure appropriate billing and payment cycles and accurate and timely billing
- Manage actions relating to delinquent accounts, special adjustments, and/or write-offs
including follow-up collection of overdue customer accounts
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Plan and implement quality assurance analysis and measurement for all processes
- Assist Division management in the evaluation and setting of commercial terms for existing work and proposals
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Provides leadership in the development and evaluation of short and long-term strategic planning and related financial objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance - MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Prior experience in managing a billing and collections department
- Prior experience in budgeting and forecasting
- 5+ years in a financial leadership role
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies with analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- PC proficiency is essential and strong working knowledge of Excel is required.
Acadian's Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.