|Job Title||Safety Technician - California*|
|Location||Bakersfield,CA*||*Position is based out of Bakersfield,CA|
- Provides health and safety support to drilling, construction and production operations.
- Prepares internal communications and necessary tools to assist company personnel in complying with new and existing regulations.
- Acts as an incident coordinator to report and investigate EHS events.
- Uses professional networking and relationship building skills to benefit the company’s EH&S program.
- Engages in directing, and management of, health and safety consultants.
- Creates and delivers training materials related to health and safety topics and requirements.
- Organizes, schedules, and completes basic projects and assignments in a timely manner with some direction and interim review; day-to-day supervision diminishes with tenure.
- Collaborates with asset, EH&S and other functional teams to effectively meet area and departmental EH&S goals.
- Assesses jobs, projects, and field activities for compliance with EH&S rules, regulations, policy, and laws.
- Participates in audits of assets and supports operations in implementation of required corrective actions.
- Identifies problems and solutions based on training and knowledge of functional practices and procedures; uses a disciplined approach to problem solving and frequently utilizes more senior staff for guidance.
- Supports asset-level management with implementation of health and safety regulations, standards, and associated requirements.
- Maintains documentation and submits reports in compliance with applicable requirements.
- Liaisons with regulatory agencies.
- Assists EH&S supervision in preparing and maintaining written programs and gathering data necessary for communicating health and safety performance.
- Complies with all Company Safety and Environmental policies, practices and programs. Takes corrective action within training limitations. Escalates as necessary.
- Participates in and adheres to all training programs designed to enhance EH&S knowledge and safety standards. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses
- ASP or OHST required.
- CSP preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in OSH, or related discipline preferred.
- 2+ years of health and safety regulatory experience in oil and gas industry in California.
- PSM/RMP experience is a plus.
- Industrial Hygiene experience is a plus.
Acadian's Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.