|Job Title||Rail Car Loader|
- Comply with all industry, customer and company safety regulations, operating procedures and regulations;
- Record operating data such as products and quantities pumped, gauge readings, and operating times, manually or using computers.
- Observe positions of tank cars in accordance with loading racks and connect loading arms and or hoses into the correct positions at the appropriate times associated with the proper products.
- Operate essential loading and unloading equipment, hoists, and other specialized material handling equipment such as railroad tank car and truck loading and unloading equipment.
- Verify tank car or truckload numbers to ensure transport placement accuracy based on written or verbal instructions.
- Operate industrial trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading areas, and to store and retrieve materials in storage areas and warehouses.
- Check conditions and weights of vessels to ensure cleanliness and compliance with loading procedures and all other applicable regulations.
- Monitor product movement to and from storage tanks, coordinating activities with other workers to ensure constant product flow.
- Start pumps and adjust valves or cables in order to regulate the flow of products to vessels, utilizing knowledge of loading procedures.
- Seal outlet valves on tank cars, and trucks.
- Lower gauge rods into tanks or read meters, in order to verify contents, temperatures, and volumes of liquid loads.
- Remove and replace truck/rail tank car dome caps, or direct other workers in their removal and replacement.
- Connect ground cables to carry off static electricity when unloading tanker cars.
- Test vessels for leaks, damage, and defects, and repair or replace defective parts as necessary.
Unload cars containing liquids by connecting hoses to outlet plugs and pumping product vapors and or inert gas into cars to force liquids into storage tanks.
- Copy and attach load specifications to loaded tanks.
- Test samples for specific gravity, using hydrometers, or send samples to laboratories for testing.
- Inspect all rail associated equipment (i.e. tracks, ties, switches etc.)
- Document pre-inspection of rail/truck tanks including management notification of findings;
- Identify rail/truck tanks that cannot be loaded and will require repairs;
- Assist with reporting of rail/truck tank inventory and status;
- Perform housekeeping duties as required by site management;
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years experience loading/unlaoding Natural Gas
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and coordination of people and resources
- Previous experience with computers and Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to constantly work in an outdoor environment, exposed to all weather elements, including extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust and noisy conditions;
- Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule, including weekends and holidays, and being on call
- Must be able to frequently climb, using various types of ladders, to heights in excess of 16 feet;
- Must be able to properly wear all required Personal Protective Equipment and Flame Retardant Clothing (FRC)