|Job Title||Safety Specialist (USA)|
Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery and Petrochemical markets, is currently seeking Safety Specialists for offshore drilling/completions/construction operations to join our team.
Job Summary: Promote, establish, communicate, and implement safety expectations and initiatives; monitor and stimulate execution with contractor's safety policy, rules, and procedures; and monitor conformance with project and site safety execution plans and implement improvements where appropriate.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Ensure land based worksites are in compliance with customer, state, and federal regulations. Conduct risk assessments and inspections and provide corrective/preventive measures.
- Work with company and contractor's site management team to implement the project and site safety programs.
- Conduct regular safety inspections/assessments on-site locations in accordance with established project and site safety plans or as requested by site team members.
- Inspect work environment looking for work hazards and safety violations. Conduct safety audits. Report results to management as needed.
- Monitor work processes to ensure compliance with the site work permit system and area/system responsibilities.
- Participate in investigation and follow-up of incidents/accidents; prepare notifications/reports for communication of significant incidents to company project/functional management per project incident reporting procedures.
- Advise site team (company, contractor, and subcontractors) of company’s' safety requirements, regulations, expectations, and best practices.
- Conduct daily worksite safety meetings.
- Examine credentials, licenses, or permits to ensure compliance with licensing requirements.
- Responsible for facilitating JSAs, Hot Work Permits, Cold Work Permits, Confined Space Entry Permits, Lockout/Tagout, etc.
- Generate reports for management and customers as needed.
- May carry/handle equipment.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor Degree Safety, Environmental, Industrial Engineering/ Technology or a related field is a plus.
- Industry certifications are a plus (CHSO, OHST, ASP,CSP, Safe Land/IADC Rig Pass, First Aid/CPR, OSHA 10 hour, LOTO, Confined Space, Hazcom).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Offshore Drilling/Completions/Construction Safety role within the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an EHS/ Regulatory role within the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Must be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements and experienced in EHS Management systems.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and callouts.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.