|Job Title||Certified Site Surveillance Technician - CSST Asbestos|
Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery, Petrochemical and Construction markets, is currently looking for a Certified Site Surveillance Technician - CSST, or a Certified Asbestos Consultant - CAC to join our team in the Chico or Thousand Oaks areas of California.
- This position will involve up to 100% travel to locations within California. We are providing asbestos, and potentially other contaminant/carcinogen monitoring in the vicinity of the 2018 Camp and Wolsey wildfire burn areas.
- Duration is expected to last about 9 months and could potentially be extended.
- These positions will be based out of either the Chico or Thousand Oaks, California areas. Additional areas may be included in the future.
Required Certifications, Education, Experience:
- California Certified Site Surveillance Technician - CSST
- California Certified Asbestos Consulant - CAC
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in an asbesto monitoring capacity.
- Industry certifications are a plus (CHSO, OHST, ASP, CSP, OSHA 500, etc. ).
- Knowledgeable in, and have the ability to research federal and state regulations and policies.
- May need to be able to work occasional weekends, holidays and callouts when needed.
- Must be able to travel as needed. Estimated up to 100%.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Currently, work is scheduled for 6 days per week, 10 hours per day. It is subject to change based on the needs of the project.