Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery and Petrochemical markets, is currently seeking a Paramedic to join our Channelview, TX area.
The Paramedic will manage an onsite clinic and provide medical treatment for the employees who become ill or injured at the worksite. The clinic will operate Monday – Friday.
The ideal candidate will possess the desired skills & experience below:
- Previous Occupation Medicine experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical policies, regulations, and procedures
- Ability to diagnose and treat work-related and non-work-related conditions and injuries
- Ability to react calmly, objectively, and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to develop and maintain quality assurance and quality control standards
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Must meet and fulfill the medical qualifications, requirements, functions and responsibilities of the Emergency Medical Technician – Paramedic – MUST BE TEXAS CERTIFIED; National Registry is Preferred
- Documents all aspects of patient condition and treatment on EMS run reports. Obtains and records non-medical patient information as required by the company. Completes other patient documentation and forms as required by the company.
- Conducts regular equipment inventory and testing to insure all equipment for which the paramedic is responsible is present, clean and in proper working order.
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness / injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Provides prompt and efficient basic, intermediate or advanced life support care of the patient prior to an
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, responsible for controlling the patient's surroundings is such a way as to minimize further danger and control the actions of bystanders.
- Administers basic, intermediate and advanced patient care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols.
- Completes assigned workstation duties as required by the position.
- Assist and/or Instruct during client specific training.
- Conducts record keeping, filing, data entry as required by the project.