|Job Title||Safety Specialist|
Safety Management Systems, one of the largest providers of Health, Safety, Environmental, Medical and Training services to the Upstream, Midstream, Refinery and Petrochemical markets, is currently seeking Safety Specialists for drilling/completions/construction/pipeline operations to join our team.
Job Summary: Promote, establish, communicate, and implement safety expectations and initiatives; monitor and stimulate execution with contractor's safety policy, rules, and procedures; and monitor conformance with project and site safety execution plans and implement improvements where appropriate.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Attend and document pre-job safety meetings
- Perform and document stop -work actions as needed
- Prepare reports for business unit and EHS regarding contractor performance
- Perform pad site/drill site observation and reviews and document corrective actions
- Organize hazard hunts, document resolution of found issues
- Perform presentation and training on site specific safety orientation
- Verify contractor compliance with written EHS program and regulatory reporting documents
- Monitor and report of contractor safety targets
- Assist business unit and EHS in performing contractor evaluations
- Verification contractor has training in place for scope of work (H2S, Well control, Hazcom)
- Perform a weekly “sampling” review of contractor’s JSA’s
- Participate in investigation and follow-up of incidents/accidents; prepare notifications/reports for communication of significant incidents to company project/functional management per project incident reporting procedures
- Communicate EHS expectations to contractors, third party contractors and rig personnel
- Review and document all Incidents and near misses, communicate these to the BU and EHS, assist in developing corrective actions as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
- Industry certifications are a plus (CHSO, OHST, ASP,CSP, Safe Land/IADC Rig Pass, First Aid/CPR, OSHA 10 hour, LOTO, Confined Space, Hazcom).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Drilling/Completions Safety role within the oil and gas industry.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an EHS/ Regulatory role within the oil and gas industry.
- Must be knowledgeable of regulatory requirements and experienced in EHS Management systems.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and callouts.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Acadian's Safety Management Systems (SMS) deploys registered paramedics specially trained as remote paramedics, HSE consultants, and on-site safety technicians, as well as offers an extensive array of regulatory and compliance training services.